Must be filed within 180 days after the facts constituting the matter complained of could have been known in the exercise of reasonable diligence or within 180 days after the conclusion of the transaction, whichever is later.
1) Complete and sign the complaint form supplied by the REALTOR® Board/Association (* in some cases this may be the State Association). This form requests you to name the REALTOR®(S) in question as the Respondent(s).
2) List the Article(s) and/or Standards of Practice of the Code of Ethics that you think the REALTOR® has violated. (Attached is an overview of each Article of the Code of Ethics, the Board/Association will supply you with a copy of the complete Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice).
3) Attach an explanation of the situation surrounding the complaint. Be as specific as possible. State what, when, where, why and how you think each Article was violated.
4) Attach copies of any and all pertinent documents such as listing agreements, purchase and sales agreements, addendum, etc. If you have notarized statements from witnesses, include those also.
5) Send the entire package to the REALTOR® Board/Association to the attention of the Executive Officer or Elected Secretary but keep a copy for yourself. Your complaint will then be processed through the Grievance Committee.
Guidelines for Filing an Ethics Complaint
Ethics Form 1 and Requirements